Attorney Daniel J. O’Connell Obtains a Default Judgment in Favor of his Client in a Sexual Harassment Case
- posted: Apr 19, 2016
On April 1, 2016, Attorney Daniel J. O’Connell obtained a Default Judgment in favor of his client (a Plaintiff) in the Hampden County Superior Court.
The Plaintiff was a victim of ongoing sexual harassment during her employment with her prior employers (Primary Care Associates, Inc. and Geriatric Medical Associates). She brought a lawsuit in the Hampden County Superior Court during 2014. After ongoing and strenuous litigation, the Plaintiff obtained a default against her prior employer earlier this year. After a hearing to determine the Plaintiff’s damages, the Honorable Judge Edward J. McDonough, Jr. felt that the Plaintiff suffered damages and awarded her damages to compensate her. Judge McDonough also ruled that the Plaintiff was entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses pursuant to M.G.L. c. 151B.
Great job, Attorney O’Connell!
VERDICTS & SETTLEMENTS
$2.5 million dollar settlement recently obtained in an employment discrimination case.
In a recent employment discrimination case, the firm obtained a $1.4 million jury verdict for a client.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
PRESS RELEASES AND OTHER NEWS FROM THE U.S. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION
- Burgers & Beer Settles EEOC Sex Discrimination Lawsuit For $150,000
- EEOC Proposes Amendment to Clarify Official Time Rule for Federal Employees Acting as Labor Representatives
- Titus-Will to Pay $125,000 to Settle EEOC Discrimination Lawsuit
- Laz Parking Will Pay $155,000 to Settle EEOC National Origin Discrimination Suit
- Herbruck Poultry Ranch, Inc. Pays $93,000 to Settle EEOC Harassment and Retaliation Suit
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Georgia Sued by EEOC for Disability Discrimination
Reviews & Ratings
very attentive and understanding.
A true professional. He was wonderful,and helped my son out of a serious criminal issue.
He listened and was responsive and handled my employment case like an experienced professional. I am very happy with the results.